If you plan to start your holiday shopping the weekend after Thanksgiving, now is the perfect time to map out your day of shopping fun at the wonderfully diverse businesses, boutiques and shops located in Columbia, Red Bud and Waterloo. After all, Saturday, November 24th is Small Business Saturday, and we at HTC are big supporters of shopping local! Here are just a few reasons why:
- Money back into the community. Money spent at small, local businesses stays in the local economy! Just think: The money you spend on a gift card to local restaurant will get reinvested into schools and area parks. What’s not to love about that?
- More jobs for Monroe, Randolph, and St. Clair County residents. Locally owned businesses create jobs for the people who live here, so every time you ‘shop local’ you’re helping to keep local residents employed!
- Personal customer service. At a small local business, you’ll get knowledgeable answers in a less crowded environment – from someone who actually cares about helping you – and probably knows you by name.
- Product diversity. Most small businesses select their product offerings based on the interests and needs of local customers, thus providing unique offerings and choices that you won’t find at the mall. You’ll be amazed at the fashionable fun things you can find in one of our local boutiques!
- Environmental sustainability. Local stores and restaurants help to sustain Main Streets and other areas that are essential to reducing automobile use and pollution. So as you’re walking door to door to the great shops in your town, you’re saving time and gas. All in a much more relaxed environment.
At HTC, we are proud to be a local business serving our local community, so please give us a call for all your Internet, TV or phone needs you have this season. We also encourage you to support the wonderful local businesses in the area, as each small purchase you make can make a huge difference!
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Shopping from all of us at HTC!