It’s no secret that today’s kids have access to the online world at a younger age than they used to. For many parents, a cell phone brings safety – providing relief that their kids can contact them from wherever they are — but phones can also be dangerous because they offer constant access to inappropriate material on the web. With so many kids now using Chromebooks and laptops for remote schoolwork, what’s the best internet control software for parents to use to tell that’s all they’re using it for?
HTC SecureIT Internet Control Software
If you’re concerned about how your child is using the Internet, check out HTC’s SecureIT Web Security software. For only $5.99/month, SecureIT Web Security offers world-class security, including parental controls. Sometimes, however, an additional layer of security may offer even more peace of mind. To help you out, we found three software options that help you control what your kids see and when they see it.
Qustodio runs on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Kindle devices, and also recently launched a version for Chromebooks. Although it doesn’t have great social media tracking abilities, its other features are worth looking into.
- Web content filtering. Qustodio blocks access to sites matching ten undesirable categories, including Drugs, Gambling, Pornography, and Violence.
- App blocking. In the Games & Apps section, parents can search for and block inappropriate apps the child is using across any of their devices.
- Activity log. An Activity Timeline lists all activities performed across the web, app, search, calls and SMS.
- Time restrictions. Parents can designate custom Daily Time Limits on certain apps.
Kaspersky Safe Kids
This affordable software works on Android, iOS, Macs, and PCs. Safe Kids offers parents peace of mind with a number of tools that help safeguard online activities, monitor behavior and teach self-control.
- Web filtering. Safe Kids has preconfigured restrictions based on a child’s age and allows parents to block access to 14 categories of inappropriate content.
- App blocking. Parents can prevent access to age-inappropriate apps and websites. You can also create a list of apps that need parental permission to open.
- Time management. Parents can set a permitted number of hours of screen time per day, block the device if they reach that limit and also block the device during certain time frames, such as homework hours.
- Location monitoring. You can track your kids’ location with GPS and specify which hours a child should be in school/at home and receive a notification when they aren’t there.
Norton is well known for protecting PCs and laptops, and now it allows parents to track and manage their children’s activity across just about any device except for Mac.
- Web filtering. Parents set up separate restrictions for each child based on their age. Each restriction level will block certain sites deemed inappropriate and you can also block other categories if needed.
- App blocking. Parents can set an age range for approved app downloads, and delete any apps that allow access to web content, such as YouTube.
- Time usage restrictions. Time supervision is configured like web restrictions — based on the child’s age. The preset age categories set certain hours in which the apps are operable.
- Activity tracking. Parents can review up to 30 days of activity history.
- Location tracking. You can see a map with pins that show a child’s exact recent locations.
Still Not Sure About the Best Way to Protect Your Kids on the Internet? Call Us!
Our HTC technicians can set you up with our SecureIT Web Security today while also offering advice on other options for additional layers of security. Just give us a call and we’ll tell you all about our SecureIT Web Security software, available for just $5.99 per month.
Harrisonville Telephone Company is a provider of reliable, cost-effective Internet (for streaming, gaming, surfing, viewing, listening, downloading, and more), television (hundreds of channels, free HD, VOD access and more), and phone (unlimited local and long distance, voicemail, caller ID, etc.). Want to learn more about our great home or business bundles? Visit our website, call us at 939-6112, or fill out our Contact Us page. We look forward to hearing from you.